Studio Pottery mug, spoked wheel mark - Marc Fraser?

4 posters

Go down

Studio Pottery mug, spoked wheel mark - Marc Fraser?   Empty Studio Pottery mug, spoked wheel mark - Marc Fraser?

Post by swiftandsure September 16th 2012, 8:43 pm

Hi Everyone,
I picked a small blue glazed mug up at a Charity Shop as I like to do the research... having spent a day at the
library going through the whole of British Studio Potters Marks - the mark doesn't seem to be there!
I don't know how likely it is that a foreign piece of SP ends up in a charity shop.... other than that I know nothing!!
The mark is on the base of the handle.

Studio Pottery mug, spoked wheel mark - Marc Fraser?   Blue_m11
swiftandsure
swiftandsure

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Back to top Go down

Studio Pottery mug, spoked wheel mark - Marc Fraser?   Empty Re: Studio Pottery mug, spoked wheel mark - Marc Fraser?

Post by dantheman November 7th 2012, 5:29 pm

Cranbrook Station Pottery I think

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15458
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Studio Pottery mug, spoked wheel mark - Marc Fraser?   Empty Re: Studio Pottery mug, spoked wheel mark - Marc Fraser?

Post by big ed November 7th 2012, 5:54 pm

Maybe Marc Fraser , Cranbrook mark is different .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11934
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM November 7th 2012, 5:59 pm

big ed wrote:Maybe Marc Fraser , Cranbrook mark is different .

Shame we can't see the rest of the mug.
Does it look like one of his? :-

I established my pottery in 1991 in a 17th Century thatched barn. Here I produce a wide range of thrown stoneware and porcelain. A fascination with glazes coloured with oxides of copper and cobalt provide a variety of blues and greens, particularly suited to domestic and decorative pots.

The simple thrown forms are enhanced by double-dipping and overlapping of glazes which create a unique surface decoration on each piece. Coloured slips and the addition of wax resist give further dimensions to the final effect.
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32056
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by swiftandsure November 7th 2012, 11:07 pm

Thanks very much everyone, I have Googled Marc Fraser but can't find an example of his pottery mark - I have found an example of the Cranbrook Station mark on an ebay item which does look pretty close...
Thanks again everyone for your efforts!!
swiftandsure
swiftandsure

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed November 8th 2012, 1:58 pm

Marc Fraser it might be worth asking him , it might not be his but an email won't hurt , email at

info@northmarstonpottery.co.uk

BTW The Cranbrook mark looks very different in style to me , Ed
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11934
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 15th 2013, 9:05 pm

swiftandsure wrote:Thanks very much everyone, I have Googled Marc Fraser but can't find an example of his pottery mark...

There's an example on the footrim of the footed bowl in the last gallery photo here

http://www.bucksopenstudios.org.uk/exhibitor_details.asp?id=1662

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32056
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum