Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew

2 posters

Go down

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Empty Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew

Post by potterymad62 September 30th 2020, 5:33 pm

Mystery mark on this jug, my thoughts possibly Barbara Hill, Phoenix Pottery Truro.

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew S-l16013
Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew S-l16014
potterymad62
potterymad62

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Empty Re: Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew

Post by NaomiM September 30th 2020, 11:39 pm

It’s a long term mystery mark; not Barbara Hill. Someone suggested it’s DC rather than IC, and might be ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew, due to the similarities in the decoration on some pieces . I don’t know if they followed up the lead

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32056
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Empty Pottery Jug: Barbara Hill Phoenix Pottery Truro

Post by potterymad62 October 1st 2020, 8:54 am

NaomiM wrote:It’s a long term mystery mark; not Barbara Hill. Someone suggested it’s DC rather than IC, and might be ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew, due to the similarities in the decoration on some pieces . I don’t know if they followed up the lead
Hi NaomiM, I also posted this on the the Facebook studio pottery marks ID page and the comments came to the same conclusion possibly David Carew, I will take some better pics when I get time and post, thanks for the info.
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Empty Re: Pottery Jug with DC mark, Cornwall

Post by potterymad62 October 3rd 2020, 10:51 am

Hi all

Just attached better pics of the jug, best Ernest.

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Imgp2913
Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Imgp2914
Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Imgp2915

Last edited by potterymad62 on October 3rd 2020, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Empty Pottery Jug

Post by potterymad62 October 3rd 2020, 10:54 am

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Imgp2916
Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Imgp2918
Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Imgp2917

Last edited by potterymad62 on October 3rd 2020, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Empty Pottery Jug

Post by potterymad62 October 3rd 2020, 10:55 am

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Imgp2919
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew Empty Re: Pottery Jug with IC mark, Cornwall - cf. ex-Rashleigh Potter David Carew

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum