Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed

2 posters

Go down

Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed Empty Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed

Post by Flintztone July 22nd 2013, 3:25 pm

Hi, Help needed on the origin of this framed picture of The Great Western Railway.    I have not seen anything like this before and searching online has not helped so far.   I just don't have a clue where.   I was only helping a friend with house clearance when we stumbled accross this wrapped in plastic in the loft.   It looks to be machine made.

Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed 128Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed 220Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed 318 Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed 419    Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed 517 Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed 622
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed Empty Re: Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed

Post by NaomiM July 22nd 2013, 3:37 pm

Nottingham used to be the centre of the lace industry, but all the factories have closed down now, and the lace museum closed in 2009.
If you're anywhere near Nottingham, and assuming it's still going, you could try Linda Hopkin who runs a market stall in the Victoria Centre called the Nottingham Lace Centre.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32054
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed Empty Re: Comemerative netted image of GWR - Framed

Post by Flintztone July 22nd 2013, 3:47 pm

So it's laced? I were'nt to sure about that.  I will see what I can find out based upon your prompt info.  Most Excellent It's quite a large piece and probably got framed at a later date. It's very well made.
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM July 22nd 2013, 3:59 pm

Yes, it's Lace. Machine made lace.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32054
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone July 23rd 2013, 1:15 am

Thanx
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum