French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration.

3 posters

Go down

French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration. Empty French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration.

Post by sukraine December 15th 2018, 5:01 pm

French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration. Wp_20115
French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration. Wp_20114
sukraine
sukraine

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration. Empty Re: French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration.

Post by janetpjohn December 18th 2018, 4:59 pm

Does it say Nevers, France?
janetpjohn
janetpjohn

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration. Empty Re: French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration.

Post by sukraine December 18th 2018, 5:58 pm

I think it does but it's quite unclear. Could well be though.
sukraine
sukraine

Back to top Go down

Post by touchdry December 18th 2018, 7:48 pm

Any chance of a clearer picture of the signature?
touchdry
touchdry

Male Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sukraine December 19th 2018, 2:00 pm

French pottery looks like Marcelle, very interesting decoration. Img_2033 Is this any better?
sukraine
sukraine

Back to top Go down

Post by touchdry December 19th 2018, 7:21 pm

Thanks sukraine ... unfortunately, I have not managed to find anything yet. I am no expert when it comes to pots ... but one thing struck me here:
Marcelle is a female first name ... that implies that the word under it might be the surname. I do not know of anyone by the name of Nevers - but there are a number people by the name of Neveu ... especially Yves Neveu, a potter working in Vallauris. He was the father of Rene Neveu of the Cerenne atelier. Sorry, these are all male names - and the I do not think any of the wives names were Marcelle. I'll keep a look out for any more. Of course the other way to look at it is to check out any female French artists by the name
'Marcelle' ... Marcelle Ferron? ...but I do not think she did pottery!
touchdry
touchdry

Male Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sukraine December 19th 2018, 8:52 pm

Thanks that's very helpful. When I originally searched I kept getting Raoul Dufy stuff come up especially pottery decoration items, which was weird, when I looked again at the pot I realised that the images weren't abstract but actually loosely drawn animals etc, rather in his style. I couldn't find anything much more than this strange connection. It rather fascinates me and I will keep trying to find out about it.
sukraine
sukraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum