Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.

3 posters

Go down

Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.   Empty Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.

Post by lillymo1 January 25th 2022, 5:49 pm

I was able to find out the pottery was made in Ohio at the Columbus Pottery Company by Googling the name.  That is all I can find out.  I have had no luck finding another piece of pottery with this mark.  The company is now out of business,Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.   Inside11
Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.   Mark11
Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.   Outsid11
and I would like to know if this piece is worth anything.
lillymo1
lillymo1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-01-25

Back to top Go down

Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.   Empty Re: Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.

Post by NaomiM January 25th 2022, 6:40 pm

I'm not finding anything. It's possible it was a collaboration between two manufacturers. One making the chinaware outside the US, and the other decorating it and retailing it inside the US; there were a number of companies doing that in the early C20th to get round the high tariffs on imports. This possibly dates from the early 20thC

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32261
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.   Empty Re: Columbus Pottery Company, Unable to ID this pottery.

Post by lillymo1 January 26th 2022, 11:48 am

Thank you!
lillymo1
lillymo1

Back to top Go down

Post by janetpjohn January 26th 2022, 7:14 pm

There's this, which you may have seen. If they were in business such a short time, it explains why there aren't more examples. https://kb.osu.edu/handle/1811/47606
janetpjohn
janetpjohn

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by lillymo1 January 27th 2022, 1:28 pm

Thank you!  This is very interesting.  I now know why I cannot find any other pottery with this marking. A man named James L. Murphy was an expert on Ohio pottery and wrote the article. He passed away in 2012 I believe.
lillymo1
lillymo1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum