AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you!

2 posters

Go down

AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you! Empty AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you!

Post by LeanneF Sat May 07, 2022 10:17 am

Hi all,

I would really appreciate any advice as to the maker of this beautiful triangle form vase. It has a beautiful cobalt blue glaze - with a dark brown and bronze detail drip and an interesting triangular extrusion giving it a very Deco feel in my opinion. I think the mark appears to be Alex McErlain but it doesn't seem to fit with any of his other works I've come across. Many thanks in advance!

AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you! Sav10
AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you! Sav410
AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you! Sav310
LeanneF
LeanneF

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-05-07

Back to top Go down

AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you! Empty Re: AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you!

Post by NaomiM Sat May 07, 2022 11:51 am

I don't think it's British. I've come across the glaze colours on pots from Greece and Cyprus; I think this one may be from Cyprus.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32054
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you! Empty Re: AM or MA mark; Alex McErlain Vase? Please help to identify, thank you!

Post by LeanneF Sat May 07, 2022 12:02 pm

I see! My search will take a new direction! Just have to figure out if the maker initials are AM or MA... If they're listed at all that is. Thanks very much for your input Naomi :)
LeanneF
LeanneF

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Sat May 07, 2022 5:32 pm

I’ll keep a note of it and hopefully one will turn up with a label

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32054
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum