MAAK AUCTIONS.

+2
croker
philpot
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MAAK AUCTIONS. - Page 3 Empty Re: MAAK AUCTIONS.

Post by croker May 16th 2024, 11:23 am

I must admit Mary Rogers is not a favourite of mine but she seems to have a strong following, in an old Bonhams catalogue there is a group of earlier pieces by her in stoneware and these to my eye look more interesting, maybe just a gender thing.
croker
croker

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2021-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot May 16th 2024, 7:28 pm

https://maaklondon.irostrum.com/auction/auction-lots/d03448f2-bc98-4bbc-90b7-e402dffd90b2/lots

The results of the 16/5/2024 today. A quieter auction what looks as though it had a higher proportion of unsolds. Lucie Rie, Hans Coper, Liz Fritsch, Richard Batterham Akiko Hirai, Edmund De Waal all did well.
There were 3 John Ward pieces that went for £25,000 and slightly more. They were just normal size, and one was a black one.
But there was a green one with unusual decoration and another one like I have never seen of lile design that had stiff competition. It seems very much down to well heeled collectors wanting the exceptional piece.
Ob t'other hand. David Leach and Takeshi Yasuda did badly.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6645
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by croker May 16th 2024, 7:43 pm

How about this for an instant reply, i was just about to clock in. I have mixed feelings about the ward's , on the one hand i am very pleased that they are selling well at good prices as i have a fair number but on the other hand i didn't manage to buy one piece today . It seems that the flag holder for the leach school is being waved by Batterham at the moment.
croker
croker

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot May 16th 2024, 7:57 pm

Bill Marshall also did quite well.
Croker you are the atypical sloit minded buyer buyer! But who also wants things both ways. Rising prices because the values of yours increase. But static prices so you can sell more.
Well at least I can console myself with having a number of Batterhams!
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6645
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by croker May 16th 2024, 8:19 pm

I don't sell these days, well not pots anyway. Ah yes Bill Marshall a stalwart and the shining light at the leach pottery a great potter who deserves all the praise he gets in the literature.
croker
croker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum