New large green glaze bowl with decorated interior

3 posters

Go down

New  large green glaze bowl with decorated interior  Empty New large green glaze bowl with decorated interior

Post by Durfun2 August 24th 2024, 8:15 pm

New  large green glaze bowl with decorated interior  Img_2612LoNew  large green glaze bowl with decorated interior  Img_2610
New  large green glaze bowl with decorated interior  Img_2611
Hello! I need some help trying to identify the maker, or even the country of origin for this bowl. It’s roughly 30cm high and same diameter. I purchased it recently in the UK.
Durfun2
Durfun2

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2024-08-24

Back to top Go down

New  large green glaze bowl with decorated interior  Empty Re: New large green glaze bowl with decorated interior

Post by NaomiM August 24th 2024, 10:21 pm

Not a mark or style I’ve come across before

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32069
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

New  large green glaze bowl with decorated interior  Empty Re: New large green glaze bowl with decorated interior

Post by philpot August 25th 2024, 12:11 pm

It does not look new, as in Newly Made. The glaze crazing on the base is a possible indication of age. But it is the general glaze and style of the piece that looks plain old fashioned.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6599
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Durfun2 August 25th 2024, 2:13 pm

NaomiM wrote:Not a mark or style I’ve come across before

Me neither!
Durfun2
Durfun2

Back to top Go down

Post by Durfun2 August 25th 2024, 2:15 pm

philpot wrote:It does not look new, as in Newly Made. The glaze crazing on the base is a possible indication of age. But it is the general glaze and style of the piece that looks plain old fashioned.

The seller thought it was from the 1980s but I think it’s older. It has something Art Nouveau about it…maybe the colour. Wish I could work it out!
Durfun2
Durfun2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum