Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made??

4 posters

Go down

Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made?? Empty Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made??

Post by LEGSY Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:22 am

Bought this in a lot at my local auction with some other nik naks it was the piece i loved in the group
i was not sure who or what it was i just knew i liked it and found it to be tactile maybe art & crafts
in style quite crude but i loved that so i am wondering if anyone of the experts can have a shot at
age and where it might be produced appreciate the replies thanks
Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made?? P1010560
Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made?? P1010559
Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made?? P1010561

LEGSY
LEGSY

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2017-02-19

Back to top Go down

Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made?? Empty Re: Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made??

Post by LEGSY Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:23 am

some more pictures
Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made?? P1010563
Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made?? P1010564
Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made?? P1010562
LEGSY
LEGSY

Back to top Go down

Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made?? Empty Re: Large Apple Green Drip Glazed Heavy Vase Anyone Know Where This Was Made??

Post by denbydump Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:20 am

It would be "Art pottery", late 19th/early 20thC. Many UK potteries made these wares,
and as so often, the glaze has run underneath obscuring the mark, if there was one.
Nothing is shouting ATM, but those two rings around the neck are distinctive.
It could also be continental.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7361
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:57 am

My first thought is Belgium, 1920s-30s

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32157
Registration date : 2012-05-16

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Potteryman Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:56 am

Belgium for sure……with that base…..
Potteryman
Potteryman

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2017-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by LEGSY Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:54 pm

Thank you for your expertise in helping me understand a bit more about the vase appreciated Happy
LEGSY
LEGSY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum