Alkyd Oil Painting of Worms Head by R W Harrison (Robert Henry Harrison)

Go down

Alkyd Oil Painting  of Worms Head by R W Harrison (Robert Henry Harrison) Empty Alkyd Oil Painting of Worms Head by R W Harrison (Robert Henry Harrison)

Post by Seal on a Rock October 13th 2024, 3:15 pm

Alkyd Oil Painting  of Worms Head by R W Harrison (Robert Henry Harrison) 46254410
£15 from a local charity shop! Absolutely thrilled with it. I did a bit of googling as I was puzzled because the artist's label stated it was by R K Harrison of Cadoxton, but the only artist named Harrison I could locate was a Robert Henry Harrison - whose signature was a different design but the same distinctive style. I emailed him and asked if 'R K Harrison' were a relative, and he replied "They are one and the same person. I had to alter my middle name because there are are two other Robert Harrison’s listed on Google and Facebook etc. I also had to change the shape of my signature. All very annoying but necessary as I once exhibited in the same venue as my namesake. Still painting but very limited to my local gallery."

I thought I'd share this information in case anyone in future finds one of his paintings from a similar era and is puzzled by the change of signature. And also because I wanted an opportunity to show off my lovely picture. The photo doesn't really do it justice - the light in it is incredible.
Seal on a Rock
Seal on a Rock

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2020-12-19

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum