Lamp with dimmer - old or a late copy

3 posters

Go down

Lamp with dimmer - old or a late copy Empty Lamp with dimmer - old or a late copy

Post by lyndhurst44 September 16th 2009, 10:15 pm

Lamp with dimmer - old or a late copy Holida13Hi,
We've had this lamp for a few years and it has suited it's purpose well but we would now like to change the decor to suit more modern lighting. I actually bought it at a boot sale and found that on returning home it needed a small repair to get it working. Back to the point - do you think that this was a 1970's original or a later copy. It has no makers marks or labels. My feeling is that it is a late copy, what do you good people think? Lamp with dimmer - old or a late copy 904973

Thanks,
Bryn
Strewth this image is BIG what do I need to do to make them smaller?
lyndhurst44
lyndhurst44

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Lamp with dimmer - old or a late copy Empty Re: Lamp with dimmer - old or a late copy

Post by Pip November 10th 2009, 10:33 am

Hi Bryn, sorry I missed this thread until just now! Anyway, in reply to your question, my gut feeling is that this is probably later than 1970s (i.e. 80s or 90s production).

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Lamp with dimmer - old or a late copy Empty Re: Lamp with dimmer - old or a late copy

Post by Nic December 10th 2009, 12:55 am

I think around 2000 would be nearer the mark - I vaguely remember them in the shops when I first moved away from home and had to ponder my own furniture for the first time. They were quite expensive when new.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum