Mugs stamped ATKIN, Lion Salt Works - salt glaze potter - Ron Atkin

2 posters

Go down

Mugs stamped ATKIN, Lion Salt Works - salt glaze potter - Ron Atkin  Empty Mugs stamped ATKIN, Lion Salt Works - salt glaze potter - Ron Atkin

Post by Halenffrind Wed 18 Sep 2024, 1:41 pm

I would like to ask if anyone knows of a salt glaze pottery who stamped wares ATKIN, or has other examples of pots from this studio?
I have seen two mugs inscribed Lion Salt Works but over the years have not found anyone else who knows of the potter or pottery.
Having tried to look up Atkin Pottery again this week and have found two further mugs on an auction site.

The two Lion Salt Works mugs seem to be stamped using print lettering.
I had no reply from readers of the salt heritage newsletters 'Mundling Stick' in 2011 for Lion Salt Works Trust or 'Saltcote' For Ecosal-UK in2017, publication image attached. I do not have an image of the stamp.

The web site Worthpoint has reference to an auction at which two ATKIN stamped salt glaze tankards were sold, one with ZOROASTER between two scratch lines, the other commemorating the start of radio astronomy in 1931.
Thank you.

Mugs stamped ATKIN, Lion Salt Works - salt glaze potter - Ron Atkin  Wp_20111

Mugs stamped ATKIN, Lion Salt Works - salt glaze potter - Ron Atkin  Saltco11
Halenffrind
Halenffrind

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2024-09-13

Back to top Go down

Mugs stamped ATKIN, Lion Salt Works - salt glaze potter - Ron Atkin  Empty Re: Mugs stamped ATKIN, Lion Salt Works - salt glaze potter - Ron Atkin

Post by NaomiM Wed 18 Sep 2024, 2:04 pm

Possibly by Ron Atkin. I've started a thread of his verified work

https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/t36224-ron-atkin

Last edited by NaomiM on Wed 18 Sep 2024, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 32157
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Mugs stamped ATKIN, Lion Salt Works - salt glaze potter - Ron Atkin  Empty Re: Mugs stamped ATKIN, Lion Salt Works - salt glaze potter - Ron Atkin

Post by Halenffrind Wed 18 Sep 2024, 2:39 pm

Many thanks.
The lettering on the Gnome Reserve pots looks like those on the Lion Salt Works mugs.
Andrew
Halenffrind
Halenffrind

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2024-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum